Thursday, May 7, 2009

Samsung's I7500 Android phone powers up

Samsung's I7500 Android phone powers up

image

Samsung has taken the wraps off of its forthcoming I7500, the first Samsung phone to be powered by the Android operating system. As well as coming with the full roster of Google features, including Maps and YouTube, the Samsung I7500 features a rich, battery-friendly 3.2-inch AMOLED touch display, a 5 megapixel camera with a LED flash and support for a wide range of music and video file formats.

Similar to the T-Mobile G1 and HTC Magic, the I7500 features a GPS receiver, allowing you to make better use of Google Maps along with Street View and Latitude. The I7500 also promises fast HSPDA internet speeds of up to 7.2Mbps, so those apps should come thick and fast.
Perhaps the most exciting feature of the I7500 though, is the fact that its memory can be upgraded to a rather nice 40GB. It comes with 8GB of internal memory, and can take microSD cards of up to 32GB in size, which means you'll be able to download a whole load of apps from Android Marketplace without having to worry about where to store them.
No words on price or what networks the I7500 will be available on just yet, although it is expected that it will arrive here in the UK from June this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment